CLICK HERE TO JOIN -or- RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP
New York State Psychological Association members receive valuable professional and personal benefits. We strive to update and expand benefits regularly.
Members receive discounts that assist with business development:
- assistance with insurance billing questions
- health and dental insurance
- legal consultation
- advertising for job vacancies
- credit card processing options
- FREE referral service
- discounts on advertising
Members also benefit from the many activities in advocacy and public education conducted by the association. Join NYSPA today to begin savings and growing!
Ongoing Advocacy Efforts
Benefits For Your Practice
- Through a partnership with Health Assets Management, NYSPA members receive discounted rates on issues related to practice management, billing, benefits verification, credentialing, remittances and payment services. NYSPA members receive 10% discount on billing services and a 25% discount on set up fees when signing on as a billing customer. Health Assets Management will also offer a free one-hour consultation to any NYSPA member for the services listed above. For insurance or billing related questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Your question will be submitted to the Insurance Committee or directly to Health Assets Management for your free consultation. For more information about Health Assets Management, you can visit their website here.
- NYSPA Referral Service refers persons seeking help to psychologists, based on geographic area, specialization and other preferences. Licensed NYSPA members may now join for free by logging in and editing their profile.
- 20% discount on all packages listed on NYSPA's Career Center for online job advertising and recruitment needs.
- Health Insurance: Low-cost health insurance options for sole proprietors, employers and groups through HAF Insurance. Members may click here for contact information.
- Dental, Vision and International Travel insurance: Members may access enrollment links here.
- Member Legal Advice: offered by Kern Augustine, P.C. www.drlaw.com. NYSPA members are entitled to have their legal question addressed at no cost and for the ability to obtain more extensive consultation services, members can join the firm’s Psychologist Advocacy Program®, which provides experienced legal counsel to psychologists who face investigation by state and/or federal authorities for such issues as malpractice, sexual misconduct/harassment, billing disputes, impairment and all other allegations which are not covered by malpractice insurance. Please contact central office (518-437-1040) for contact information.
- Strategies for Long Term Care is pleased to provide NYSPA members and their families with discounted rates for Long Term Care Insurance. Strategies for Long Term Care has specialized in long term care planning for over 15 years and works with all of the top-rated insurance companies. To learn more, please visit our website at: www.strategies4ltc.com/nyspa.
- Hear in America Hearing Aid Benefit. Members receive free annual hearing screening, discounts on hearing aids, extended warranties, and more. Members may access enrollment link here.
Keeping You Informed
- The Friday Flash, NYSPA's weekly e-newsletter, provides up-to-date information on current events, upcoming programs, and much more, delivered right to your inbox.
- The Notebook, our bi-monthly newsletter, provides the latest news about what is happening in NYSPA, the state, and even national issues relevant to the profession and what you want to know.
- NYS Psychologist, our peer-reviewed journal, provides member opportunities for publishing scholarly articles.
- nyspa.org provides important breaking news, current events, membership information and much more, 24 hours a day!
- NYSPA's Listserv permits easy communication on any and all issues our members want to reach out to one another about. Subscription to the list is a great way to keep in touch with daily issues in the field of psychology, as well as to network with colleagues.
- NYSPA Online Membership Directory enables you to stay in touch with colleagues of similar interests.
- NYSPA's Annual Convention, sponsored by the NYSPA Foundation, provides educational and networking opportunities for all members in a resort setting.
- NYSPA Workshops offered by risk management experts, attorneys and psychologists with expertise in a variety of topics provide psychologists up to date information on ethical, legal and professional issues. NYSPA is an approved provider of continuing education for psychologists by the American Psychological Association.
- Resources for Early Career Psychologists help those starting out in the profession or others exploring new fields of interest in psychology gather vital information, providing tools to build your practice and invaluable networking opportunities to reach all your professional goals.
- New York State Psychological Association of Graduate Students (NYSPAGS), our award-winning student organization, sponsors ongoing workshops on a variety of issues that will help you become a better-informed student.